Junior Service Desk Analyst
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are on a mission to transform the accounting industry by providing the best, most advanced cloud technology solutions and service. Our company has grown in recognition over 15 years, often receiving many industry awards, and with that has come massive growth. We need smart, hard-working, caring, ambitious talent to keep up with our growth and to figure out better ways to solve new technical challenges.
This position was designed for people just starting out in their IT career. Our goal is to effectively train you to promote you as fast as possible into our Service Desk Engineer position. Most people get promoted after 3-6 months.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will work on a team with other Junior Service Desk Analysts and Service Desk Engineers to provide excellent technical support of our cloud products and services. This role is designed to train you in the skills needed to become a Service Desk Engineer. You will serve as a first responder to requests from our clients and will troubleshoot requests that you can solve in 30 minutes or less. As you grow in the role you will take on more and more challenging requests that take longer to solve.
Your goal is to build a strong reputation among our clients of effective troubleshooting and exceptional customer service. Most of the support you provide is done remotely through chat, email, phone, and remoting in. The problems you will solve will look different daily and will give you a broad range of experience in technical support. Specifically, you will:
- Ensure a positive client experience and high client satisfaction
- Provide advanced technical support to Xcentric’s cloud servers, applications, and managed workstations
- Function as a first responder to new tickets or calls on client’s technical issues.
- Limit troubleshooting to 30 minutes in order to provide rapid response to continually incoming support requests
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Xcentric technologies, hosted applications, and services
- Assist in developing documentation, knowledgebase and best practice guides
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Escalate your client request upward if you can’t solve it
- Work up to a maximum of 29 hours a week
- You love technology and helping others use it
- You are amazing at troubleshooting problems
- You can wear many hats and quickly shift gears from one kind of problem to the next
- You can easily communicate tech to non-technical people with a soft touch
- You have experience in customer service and can stay calm and collected under pressure
- You are self-driven and absolutely love to learn
- You are talented at managing expectations and your time
- You love collaborating across teams and are personable, helpful, and incredibly detailed
- You have always been the go to person for computer questions in your family or among your friends
- You have built your own computer and have explored learning more about IT in your free time
- You are pursuing certifications and/or have recently finished your IT degree
- Casual dress code
- Office ping pong and shuffleboard tables
- Fun company events
- Office snacks
- Normal office hours
We are a fun, energetic company founded by two brothers, Trey and Christian James. From the beginning, Trey and Christian set out to build a company that others would love to work for. Over 15 years they have fostered a life-giving company culture that values family, fun, hard work, and growth.
In addition to our amazing culture, we are really good at what we do and proud to say we hold many awards including being ranked on INC 5000 nine years in a row, ranked number 4 on Channel E2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs, ranked in the Top 100 Cloud Services Providers (CSPs), and many more! Visit Xcentric.com for the rest of the story.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!