Junior Database Administrator (DBA)
We are seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) focused on tuning and managing SQL servers for client applications. The ideal candidate will not only have a background in core management skills including setup/support, tuning, but also Data Warehousing expertise. This position will work with multiple fast pace technical groups in a growing SaaS based business
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Contribute to database audits, schema definition, security and performance tuning.
- Manage and install customer databases.
- Help define and manage database backup and recovery processes.
- Contribute to identifying, evaluating, recommending hardware or software technologies to achieve desired performance metrics.
- Ensure operational issues are considered and planned for new product, releases or
- versions roll-out.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving database incidents and outages.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
- Live in or near Alpharetta, GA or Bozeman, MT
- Able to travel 10-15%
- Database administration with knowledge about High Availability, Load Balancing and Distributed Computing desired.
- Some working knowledge of SSRS desired.
- Understanding of Database Architecture concepts essential.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team will be critical to this role.
- Provide cross training to other engineers as necessary.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling, including after hours and weekends, is required.
- Ability to manage servers in multiple locations, locally and remote.
- Ability to work in a XenApp environment
- At least 2+ years of experience as DBA/Architect with responsibilities in a managing many database environments
WHY WORK AT XCENTRIC
- 4.8 rating on Glassdoor. Our employees rave about our amazing culture
- Fast growth. We have been growing by 30% for the last four years
- Plenty of opportunities for advancement. We are growing quickly and we need everyone that joins our team to advance with us
- Our leadership values prioritizing family, and models the way
- We are an industry leader and a recipient of many rewards
- Autonomy. We give a lot of freedom to our employees to lead themselves
- Your coworkers will quickly become close friends
- We genuinely care about our employees and the clients we serve
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental health care coverage
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days/week
- Progressive personal time-off policy
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Paid volunteer week - Pick your favorite place to serve and give back.
- 401k Plan and company match
- Basic life insurance at no cost to you
- Casual dress code
- Office ping pong and shuffleboard tables
- Fun company events
- Office snacks
- Normal office hours
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!